Saturday, August 7, 2010

It's Raining Cats and Penguins in Argentina


Frozen orange tree in Florida

Over the last decade I have become accustomed to being asked every summer if I still don’t believe in global warming despite the high temperatures we have just experienced. What intrigues me is how come no one asked me if I believed in global cooling when in January and February I was freezing my butt in Florida, and iguanas were dropping dead from trees because of the low temperatures.

I was reminded of this while reading the paper and seeing that Argentina is experiencing a colder winter than Antarctica.

So here is what I believe in: Global Climactic Fluctuations. Next summer somewhere in the Northern Hemisphere a new record high will be recorded, while in the Southern hemisphere some Argentinean gaucho will chase penguins from his farm.

You can bet your last dime that liberals will demonstrate demanding legislation to outlaw global warming while the United Nations will demand a global tax. Both the UN officials and liberals will then get into their SUV’s and drive away to fundraising in a hotel in Washington six miles from the White House. President Obama will attend after being flown the six miles by helicopter.

No comments: