And Mexico, with its restrictive immigration laws, corrupt police and thieving politicians, keeps lecturing us and warns their citizens not to come to vist Arizona. Wow. This is scary. But I don't think Arizonans are too worried about thousands of Mexican "visitors" not jumping the fence.
Well, here is a memo to liberals: The majority of Arizonan support the Arizona legislation, do too. The "other' category which in Arizona is made up mostly of Latinos aproves by 53%. . Blacks, who normally follow Obama like lemmings jumping off a cliff, approve by a margin of 50%.
Here is a new Rasmussen poll with the data:
Here is some more interesting data about Mexico and their immigration laws as reported by Michelle Malkin:
– The Mexican government will bar foreigners if they upset “the equilibrium of the national demographics.” How’s that for racial and ethnic profiling?To read Mexican immigration laws click here: Ley General de Poblacion.
– If outsiders do not enhance the country’s “economic or national interests” or are “not found to be physically or mentally healthy,” they are not welcome. Neither are those who show “contempt against national sovereignty or security.” They must not be economic burdens on society and must have clean criminal histories. Those seeking to obtain Mexican citizenship must show a birth certificate, provide a bank statement proving economic independence, pass an exam and prove they can provide their own health care.
– Illegal entry into the country is equivalent to a felony punishable by two years’ imprisonment. Document fraud is subject to fine and imprisonment; so is alien marriage fraud. Evading deportation is a serious crime; illegal re-entry after deportation is punishable by ten years’ imprisonment. Foreigners may be kicked out of the country without due process and the endless bites at the litigation apple that illegal aliens are afforded in our country (see, for example, President Obama’s illegal alien aunt — a fugitive from deportation for eight years who is awaiting a second decision on her previously rejected asylum claim).
– Law enforcement officials at all levels — by national mandate — must cooperate to enforce immigration laws, including illegal alien arrests and deportations. The Mexican military is also required to assist in immigration enforcement operations. Native-born Mexicans are empowered to make citizens’ arrests of illegal aliens and turn them in to authorities.
– Ready to show your papers? Mexico’s National Catalog of Foreigners tracks all outside tourists and foreign nationals. A National Population Registry tracks and verifies the identity of every member of the population, who must carry a citizens’ identity card. Visitors who do not possess proper documents and identification are subject to arrest as illegal aliens.