Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Senate Seat for Sale in Illinois

I just heard on the radio that Governor Blagojevich of Illinois and his chief of staff, John Harris, were arrested on charges of corruption. Curious to find out more, I went to the sites of The Chicago Tribune, The Smoking Gun, wires from Associated Press, the Chicago Sun-Times, and CBS 2 Chicago . I noticed that none of these news reports mentions Blagojevich's party affiliation. I'll let you guess to what party he belongs.

News reports are beginning to connect others with this scandal. Tony Rezko is one of the characters mentioned. How long will it take till we hear "This is not the Blogojevich I knew."

I am going now to do some research and see how often in the last few months Blagojevich spoke about greed in Wall Street. I'll bet he did so quite often.

No comments: